This post is also available in: Cymraeg (Welsh)
Our 2018 conference featured over 30 expert speakers from all facets of social care. Below are some of the main presentations given over the two days of the conference.
Main Conference and Workshop Programme
You can download a copy of the 2018 Conference Brochure
HEADLINE Speaker – Fiona Phillips – Before I forget – A conversation with Fiona Phillips.
Nazir Afzal OBE – Less lessons learned and more get it right first time.
Dementia and the Arts – Drama and music and those living with dementia.
- Downloadable Dementia & Music Plenary Presentation
Dr Dan Dutton and Prof Ceri Phillips – Spending more on the healthcare is the expensive way to buy good health – a case for social services.
- Downloadable Phillips & Dutton Presentation
Dr Helen Beckett – Moving beyond child sexual exploitation.
Simon Duffy – The Centre for Welfare Reform.
MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER – Richard McCann – An inspirational speaker with a unique story.
Workshops (Day One)
Sally Bowell – The Commission on Dementia and Music
- Downloadable Dementia and Music Workshop
Hayley Clark and Helen Gazzola – Getting more evidence used in practice
- Downloadable Hayley Clark and Helen Gazzola Workshop
Dr Lydia Hayes – Insights into the homecare workforce
Helena Herklots CBE and Daisy Cole – Rethinking respite for people living with dementia, family carers and friends
Nicola Stubbins and Venessa Young – Thinking strategically, delivering locally.
Simon Pickthall – Creating a system that enable great practice
- Downloadable Simon Pickthall Workshop
Dr Diane Burns, Adrian Roper and Sue Evans – Are we spending or money wisely?
- Downloadable Dr Diane Evans, Adrian Roper and Sue Evans Workshop
Karen Evans, James Wood and Julian Molloy – Merger of children’s services and education.
- Downloadable Karen Evans, James Wood adn Julian Molly Workshop
Workshops (Day Two)
Prof Ceri Phillips and Dr Dutton – Health and social spending at the population level, the academic and applied issues.
Michael Dolan, Lucy Jones and Tracey Bell – Digital transformation in Western Bay, an insight into the benefits, opportunities and challenges of implementation.
- Downloadable Western Bay WCCIS Workshop
Mary Ryan and Sally Jenkins – The Care Crisis Review
- Downloadable Care Crisis Review Workshop
Dennis Vergne and Joe Badman – Have you heard of Buurtzorg? Can it be done in Wales?
- Downloadable BuurtzorgWorkshop
Jonathan Griffiths and Jon Day – Developing a joint health and social care workforce strategy.
Sue Morgan and Alan Lawrie – Cluster Working
- Downloadable Sue Morgan and Alan Lawrie Workshop
Jan Sensier and Kelly Burt – The work of the Office of the Public Guardian
- Downloadable Office of Public Guardian Workshop
Adrian Smith, Rhys Fidler and Karen Benjamin – Profiling of children’s residential care for looked after children in Wales.